Sunday, July 1, 2012

On Machiavelli and Nietzsche. Clarification from my last post

Just to.quickly clarify via my new moble blogger app, id like to clarify whag I meant in my last post "narcissistic self-reflection" about Machiavelli and Nietzsche as my "enemies". I did not mean to say i considered these men completely antithetical to myself but that i completely reject some of those things which they are most closely related to in popular understanding, notably Machiavelli`s ends-justify-the-means ethic and Nietzsche`s will to power. I consider Nietzsche something of a radicalized bourgeois but do acknowledge his contributions to western thought and I also understand that Machiavelli may have been satirizing authoritarianism as he was a well known republican. I mean i disagree with what they are most known for.

So this post was just a caveat for my last and a test of my mobile app. Hope it worked and read my actual post this refers to please!

Have a nice day!

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment